The Minister of Electricity and Renewable Energy, Dr. Mohamed Shaker, announced that the door has been opened for receiving the requests of the code meters to connect the electricity to the random and violating areas, starting from July 1.
Al-Watan reviews the conditions and details of installing the code counter for the violating buildings as follows:
Installation of the code counter for the violating buildings details
– The building should not be on archaeological lands, or on the campus road, or state land, or violating the terms of civil aviation, or for safe distances, and to be built according to the terms and maps of the Survey Authority.
– The code counter is a prepaid meter that does not differ from others in shipping methods or in the external shape, and the method for calculating the prices of consumption slides in it is also not different.
– The code counter differs from others in the title deed only, and it is not considered as a title deed or legal deed not to violate the property, and does not bear the name of the contracting unit owner but carries a code number for the meter.
– Required papers: National ID card, contract of ownership or lease of the violating unit, neighborhood approval or the relevant administrative authority or real estate survey, and an official power of attorney in case of providing a code counter to others.
– The application for the code counter will be submitted through the Unified Platform for Smart Services launched by the Holding Company for Electricity.
– It is allowed to apply to the code counter for the real estate owner or his representative, through an official power of attorney or through a first-degree relative, according to the national ID card.
– Installing the code counter fees depends on the type of the counter.
– The possibility of electronic payment through the smart services platform in case of sending a notice about the value of the claim through a feature or immediate card or pay in its service center.
– Installation of the counter takes 7 working days from the date of payment of the assay in case of presence of a current in the property and no obstacles, and in case of delivery to the property for the first time on a low voltage it takes one day to submit the application, the work of inspection and preparation of the assay and its inclusion for payment take 7 days from the date of submitting the request, and the implementation of the assay Installing the counter takes 8 days after payment of the assay and issuing drilling permits, for a total of 16 days.
– When applying to the code counter on the site, the name included in the application must be the same as the name on the card and the name must be quadrant ,to prevent rejecting of the request, and the application will not be accepted in case of the request data is different from the data in the card attached to the address.